Here’s something new this summer: workouts in some of New York’s most iconic outdoor landmarks, available all throughout the neighborhoods of the city.
How to find the perfect workout near your home or workplace? Not a problem. Due to the efforts of Melisse Gelula and Alexia Brue, co-founders of WellandGoodNYC.com, anyone looking for a workout can find exactly what they want, where they want and when by perusing their “Healthy Summer Guide to New York 2012.”
The guide is ten pages of all the city’s outdoor yoga and fitness classes organized by neighborhood. In addition to dates, locations and times are descriptions of each class, the fees for each and a web site for more information.
Here are some examples of what you will find inside this comprehensive guide:
• Nolitan Hotel Roof Deck Yoga-Works: 7pm Thursdays in June, FREE
• Pier 25 at Hudson River Park: 6:30pm Tuesdays from June 5 to August 21, FREE
• Washington Square Park: YogaVida 8:30am Wednesdays June-July (not July 4) Free
• Brooklyn Bridge Park: Pilates, Zumba, hip-hop, aerobics and more. Everyday June-September, FREE
• Socrates Sculpture Park, Queens: Capoeira Saturdays at noon; Pilates on Sundays at 10am; Tai Chi on Sunday at 11am. May 12-September FREE