The spring is a great time for entertainment in New York City. Some of the special events coming up are:
- Jennifer Hudson– Madison Square Garden: Beacon Theatre, Wednesday July 6, 8pm. Hudson is best known for her performance in the 2006 film version of the Broadway show “Dreamgirls.” She came to the light of day as a contestant on the third season of American Idol, singing from a young age in her hometown of Chicago in her church.
- Salvo Randazzo– Italian Center of Stamford, Connecticut: Sunday, May 15, 6pm and 8pm. Randazzo is considered a New Pop Opera Sensation and will be singing Classics as well as his own original compositions to benefit The Stamford Hospital “Bennet Cancer Center” & Friends of Animal Rescue NYC.
- Stomp- Orpheum Theater, New York, Tuesday, May 3, 8pm. This is a unique New York experience. A cast of eight amazingly energetic young artists create rhythm and music with their hands and feet and all types of objects including hammers, garbage can lids, buckets and so forth. Witnessing the amazing synchronization of moves is a thrill you will not easily forget.
- Cirque du Soleil:Zarkana- Radio City Music Hall, New York, June 8, 5pm. Experience the bizarre but beautiful journey to Zarkana in an exclusive premiere at the fabled Radio City Music Hall. This is every bit the epic spectacle as the audience is transported to a world of fantasy and suspense where feats of astounding acrobatics are made more intense by the original live music and incredible high-tech multi-media displays.
- Sandra Bernhard– The Town Hall, New York, June 8, 8pm. Bernhard has been plying her trade in front of enthralled audiences with her ‘knife-edged’ humor for 25 years. “An Evening with Sandra Bernhard” will treat the audience to comedy, commentary and music which is both satirical as well as emotional.
- Royal Comedy Tour: Sommore, DL Hughley, Bruce Bruce and Damon Williams– Madison Square Garden:Beacon Theatre, New York, Saturday, May, 7, 7pm. Sommore is widely recognized as the reigning ‘Queen of Comedy.’ No one else comes close to her sexy, sultry vixen style which found its fertile soil in Sommore’s hometown of Trenton, NJ.