Montauk Colony – Living the Dream
If you want to own a piece of property in Montauk or you’re hoping to find a rental, you have many options. There are many real estate agents who can help you to find the right property for your needs. After all, if you’re investing your time and money in a property, you want it to be the right property for you. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- Speak to friends who already own property in the Montauk Colony area. Which realtor did they use? Were they happy with the experience that they had? Why have they chosen to live in the area where they live?
- The Montauk Colony collection is a unique location at the very tip of Long Island. As you think about a property it’s important to consider the climate and location. Do you want a property that is closer to town so you can walk and feel like you are part of the area? Or would you prefer one that is on a cliff and that offers a far-away feel of isolation? As you look at properties, make sure to ask questions about the insulation, heating costs, leaks and other winter related questions.
- Consider your purpose as you look at properties. Are you looking for a place that will be a summer home and an occasional location for family get-togethers? Or are you hoping to settle in the Montauk Colony area? Do you want a property that includes grounds and are you willing to do the upkeep on those grounds? Or would you prefer something smaller that will provide you with a place to get away, but with less headaches to do so?
- There are many real estate agencies that are ready to help you with your search. A few of the names in the area include classically large companies like Century 21 LLC. There are a number of real estate agencies, as well, that are unique to the area and specialize in this lovely location. These include:
Douglas Elliman: Established in 1911, they are the nation’s fourth largest real estate company. They do everything from sales and rentals to mortgage work and title insurance.
Brown Harris Stevens: Established in 1873, Brown Harris Stevens offers you a time-honored way to look for that property of your dreams.
Corcoran Group Real Estate: This group has 35 years of experience in the business. In 2003, they expanded into the Hamptons and South Florida.
Purchasing or renting a property in the Montauk Colony area shouldn’t be overwhelming. It should be the fulfillment of a dream and an exciting new chapter in your life. Let’s hope you can make it so with these recommendations and suggestions.
Latest posts by James (see all)
- Murals, Murals Everywhere, Making New York Beautiful - March 20, 2017
- Reducing Waste Leads to Some Surprising Eats in One Brooklyn Restaurant - March 16, 2017
- Scavenger Hunt in Bay Ridge Rocks! - March 6, 2017